Monday, January 19, 2015

TRUCK IT!

          
Time to hop on my trusty steed again
and VENT!

Objects in your rear-view mirror may be closer than they seem!
In the case of THIS truck and the back of the car I was in.
For a moment I feared that the word "SCANIA" 
would be imprinted on the back window

On a recent trip to Cape Town,I was amazed at how badly 
many of the 18-wheelers are driven.
It seems that many of them believe that the road is THEIRS.
There is no law that forces them to pull into an emergency lane,
to allow cars to overtake.
However, if you know your vehicle is incapable of the legal speed...
PULL THE F&*K OVER!

"A Dream is a serious thing"...
Really?
I dream that you will get out of my way.
Does that count? 

Trucks overtaking trucks.
Not too bad in this case, as the smaller vehicle has the speed...

But when this happens...I get really pissed off.
The larger truck is having to "race" to get ahead.
The truck in the emergency lane was NOT prepared to slow down

The "blue" truck hogged this lane for quite a distance.
It was unable to pass, but was NOT prepared to move into the left lane
in order for us to overtake

Usually, it is the mini-bus taxis that get most of the blame.
On my journey down the N1, those that we passed were courteous 

Many of the drivers DID use their headlights.
I believe that daytime headlight use should be mandatory.

There were plenty of police on the N1...
All were intent on catching the speedsters 
and not those infringing other rules

Back in the day, we had a functional railway infrastructure.
What has happened to that?
If it was working it would take many of the trucks off the road,
thereby leaving regular road users feeling safe.

                                                       
And that is all I have to say...
Until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment